Saturday, January 14, 2012

Saturday Running

So Thursday morning I was in Beresford with a few other teachers learning about iPads in the classroom and I had to be in Clear Lake by 5:30 am... so I didn't go workout in the morning. I also didn't work out that evening, because I wanted to watch Grey's Anatomy. Which is not a good excuse, I know.

Friday I slept in and took Leah to preschool because we did not have school. I know that everybody else has Monday off, but we had off the Friday before. If people realized how close to the 'real' schedule the 4-day week was, they would be very surprised.

So, this morning I was going to go up to yoga at the Fitness Center in Hayti, but I forgot that Cheryl had surgery and there was no yoga this week. The lady that owns the Fitness Center does the yoga and was diagnosed with colon cancer in October. She has already done a round of chemo and is by far the most optimistic person I have EVER seen that has been diagnosed with cancer. She will be back next week she says. She's amazing! She has also lost over 125 pounds in the past year and a half by eating healthy and exercising! We are also starting the Biggest Loser competition next week. I am hoping that it will work out well... I partner with Linda and last year we did 'okay', but not as good as either of us had hoped. I just with a knew the 'secret'. I have hard that it is more about what you put 'in' to your body that what you do with your body though. I was reading in redbook this morning (free magazine via some online offer I saw the other day) that weight loss is 1/3 about output (exercising) and 2/3 about input (food choices). So, that really isn't the best news, because I love food!

So, this morning at the Fitness Center I went for the dreadmill. I think maybe I need to invent a new name for it, because the negativity sure shines through when I'm on it. First, I forgot to hit 'go' on the iPhone and missed the first half mile I walked and then I just continued to walk. I did 'run' the second recorded mile, but the last mile was just horrible too. I let others get the best of me sometimes at the gym. Let me explain... it's January. There are all these people that are Resolution Gym Goers... you know the type, never worked out before in their life and show up in January. No offense to these people, I have made resolutions too, but it is frustrating when the treadmill you use every morning and are just comfortable with using is being used by one of these people. I am sure that I'm not the only one that thinks this way: Blog Entry that I found and there is even a Facebook page about these people. Now, don't get me wrong, I WANT people to be healthy... it keeps my health insurance rates down, but I just want my treadmill. I am totally over exaggerating as there are only three treadmills, two spin bikes and one elliptical at the gym in Hayti and there were only two newbies that came in today, but nonetheless, the one just got my 'goat' for some reason. Oh well. I think I'm going to try to go outside for a better run this afternoon. I was planning on doing 5 today and those three abysmal miles cannot count for much, so I had best get out for something later.



No comments:

Post a Comment