I am currently working on a training plan through Nike that is for a 10k on March 17th. Unfortunately with a little trip to the doctor for Leah after school yesterday, my run plans were crashed. Leah cut her big toe and I thought she needed stitches, luckily they just did steri-strips and no tennis shoes for a week or so and she'll be fine. It was scary though... I learned that I need to rephrase my 'Are you okay?' question line. It used to be "Are you on fire? Are you bleeding?" She'd answer 'no' and we were on our way... apparently when she saw the blood, she freaked out, and rightfully so, as it was a lot of blood. Although it did cause some tense moments of screaming... she's okay. :)
Anyways, Leah always trumps running, so I need to do 4 yesterday and 2 for today... so I guess I'll try to get in the 4 tonight and do the 2 in the morning. I think. I then have to figure out what to do with the 4 for tomorrow.... thoughts?
Also, I like a schedule, it helps. Makes me feel like I'm doing what I'm supposed to and that I have some sort of 'control'. I hear that 'trust your training' is the most important part of the long race and, well, it helps and I have relied on it before. So, I'd recommend you check out http://marathontrainingacademy.com/training-plans to see if any of these plans work for you. I've tried them before and Angie and Trevor's podcasts are really insightful. The Two Gomers are also great... www.twogomers.com, but only because they are like us-- except boys and in Florida and Arizona and, well, they are really nothing like us, but amusing nonetheless.
I'm off to lunch of tuna and rice... mmm...

No comments:
Post a Comment