Monday, January 2, 2012

Belated Resolutions

Last year I was firm and set in a resolution: I was going to not eat fast food all year. I did pretty good, except for a teacher-trip for a training, I did not eat fast food all year. I did have an exception though... Subway! I decided that did not constitute fast food. 

I think I'm going to try just to log my workouts and see if it works. Right now, I'm actually the only one that can see this anyways. I'm just not sure if this is something that I want to make public. I read blogs all the time, sure, but do I WANT people to actually see this? Probably not. We'll see... 

Yesterday I actually started with a resolution run, as it was January 1, 2012... unfortunately it didn't really go as planned. I wanted to hit the fitness center downtown and run while I watched the newest Desperate Housewives (I know, it is not educational and actually getting downright racy at times, but I feel like I have dedicated way to much time to the show to quit with only one semester left-- can you tell I'm an educator? I speak with breaks and semesters on the brain.) Well, if you watch Desperate Housewives, you can tell that they are not starting until January 8th! So, as I had already got to the gym... I got on the dreadmill and did one mile. Just to do a mile. So, January 1, 2012: 1 mile. 

I had then planned on going to the sauna, but the light was out in it. I go to a small fitness center, so I needed to have the light... so, I left. Yup. 1 mile. That's it. 

This morning shut off my alarm at 4:36 am and did not get out of bed. I checked my iPhone again at 5:03 am... still didn't get out of bed. I figured my workout partner, Linda, probably was already gone... we carpool, but then I suddenly remembered that today is actually a holiday and she probably is working anyways. (She works a side job and gets great holiday pay-- totally what I should do!) Anyways, I finally got up at 5:30 and went downstairs for a little Jillian Kettle Bell routine. Only 30 minutes, but it was something. It is hard to get into the routine again after a break, although I did really work out over break... so I shouldn't be procrastinating. At all. 

So, here it is. I'm going to try it. Maybe just writing it down will give me some accountability. I plan on running the 5k with my friend Alisha on Saturday... first race of 2012! 

No comments:

Post a Comment