Well, this morning I woke up late, but still headed down to the gym to meet Linda at 5:15 am! It is funny, because it is a small town gym, and well, I was the last person (besides tanners) to sign in. Last night I went down to the gym at 7:45 pm to watch Desperate Housewives in peace and quiet. This time it was actually on... remember the epic fail of a couple weeks ago? Well, no fail this time. Either way, it must not have been a very good episode. I know that I was there 'watching' it, but I left with an entire business plan on how to buy the gym and make some extra cash... just a thought.
Anyways, I left the gym last night after 9:10ish... I walked at a 2.5% incline at about a 18 min/ mile pace during the show and jogged at a light 13 min/ mile pace during the commercials. I didn't wear the iPhone and use the Nike+ app because I didn't know what I was going to do for sure. All I knew-- I was going to watch Desperate Housewives without a 3 year old jumping all over me! :) I do know that the treadmill is off though, so it was probably closer to a 17 min/mile pace and a 12 min/mile pace, but I have absolutely no proof of that.
Well, my plan this morning is to tell my Supt why he needs to hire me as a technology integrationist rather than a teacher to institute an iPad 1:1 program in our school instead of laptops. Oh, and then tell him I'm not sold on iPads and that we need to checkout Chromebooks, too.
I'm not sure if it is bold, arrogant, crazy or just plain stupid, but I am not going to be an English teacher for the rest of my life and be happy. Either this school becomes the job of my dreams or I go to a new school. And I'm sure it just isn't going to come to me... I gotta make it happen. Kinda like miles... they don't run themselves.
No comments:
Post a Comment