Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Blogging Because I'm Creatively Avoiding

As I think I've shared with you, I'm working on my National Board Certification in Adolescent/ Young Adult for English/ Language Arts. So, blogging and running have been a great way to avoid the impending writing that I need to do. Either way, it is motivation to get my shoes on... so, I'll take it any way that I can get it! Tomorrow night I will be discussing Senior Projects after the Financial Aid meeting which will begin at approximately 8:00 pm in Clear Lake. So, I will be in Clear Lake all day tomorrow. I HAVE to work on my writing tomorrow night and plan my final taping. That's all there is to it.

Anyways, it was 50 degrees on my way home from work tonight, so I grabbed my shoes and headphones as fast as I could and headed out the door as Leah and Tom were just getting out of the car from the farm. My pace today was pretty descent for a training run. I sure felt good too! Coming down the hill into town I saw a guy running up the hill. We were on opposite sides of the road heading into town and he obviously pushed me to keep going faster. It was really quite fun. Despite the fact that during a race people often pass me, it doesn't mean I should be getting passed on my own turf! Either way, it was good fun and great for my time on an evening run.

Tomorrow morning I'll be meeting Linda for a trip to the Fitness Center after about a week absence because of the guys' snowmobile trip. I will go for a nice two miler on the treadmill and weights.

No comments:

Post a Comment