So, two summers ago in July I ran the Spearfish Canyon 5k the Saturday of TAR Camp... it was okay, but difficult to not be able to say goodbye to all of the teenagers that I was able to meet and teach. You remember this weekend two years ago... I came and pretended to camp with you guys the next day one time~ oofta! I contemplated going last year, but I had that 'fantastic' Common Core standards training in Pierre on Tuesday and Wednesday, so I didn't go to camp at all.
This summer, I plan on going to camp, which is July 23-28, 2012 and, luckily, I got the postcard from the CASA Group in Spearfish and I am so excited that they moved the date up a week!~ It is July 14, 2012 this year and it is totally do-able for this chick! I think my dear friend Alisha may need to consider this race! Here is the link to the information from last year and the course is really great. They bus you up to the start and you literally run DOWN Spearfish Canyon! Here is another link to more information about this race. You guys are usually out there being camper-peoples and maybe your sister-in-law, Nicole, would go too! It is a fast race because it goes DOWN not up or hilly and I am thinking it would be soo beautiful!
I have done a lot of races and right now my favorite it the SMALL race around a lake in northern Minnesota (the Fishhook Challenge) so, maybe this could be something you could consider OR at least the 5k. I have talked to my husband and we plan on making it a family trip and doing Devil's Tower maybe and Bear Country, etc. . . so, think about it! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment