Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Catch-Up Log

So, blogging is not that easy, you have to stick with it and sometimes life just gets in the way sometimes. Here is a catch up of what has been going on. I have been going downtown every morning with Linda to workout, but these workouts are not as high intensity as I would like. I really feel as though I'm not working out unless I have some serious sweat on!

Last weekend was the Winter Games for the Snowmobile Club, I decided to not go down to most of the things because I have so many different things going on that I do not get the time with Leah that I want. I have to say 'no' to some things in order to say 'yes' to others. It is important that I prioritize Leah and family. Tom went to poker Friday night and I stayed home with Leah for some much needed reading time. I also got some of my own homework done too. (Funny how I'm no longer a student, but still have homework). Saturday morning we trudged out to the Winter Games and Leah played in the snow and I ran around and around and around pulling Leah and little Samantha on the sled. Too bad we didn't have a snowmobile to pull her around with... wait, we have two, just not enough snow! Leah is in the front in the picture and Samantha is in the back. As you can see, not a lot of skin showing! It was cold and I burned a lot of calories pulling those two!

I went Sunday night and watched Desperate Housewives downtown at the gym again. I did a high incline (only 4- 5%) and lower pace (3.5- 3.8) during the show and ran at a 12 min per mile pace (according to the dreadmill and you know how I feel about his pacing) for the commercials. It is a good workout and lasts about 70 minutes, as you have to watch the previews for next week and also have to be there early enough to get the remote! Somebody was there when I showed up this week and I was nervous, but she was leaving so that was good.

Yesterday I got up at 5:19 am, despite the fact that I told Linda I would go to the gym, so I got home, laced up my shoes and headed outside for a run. I wanted to do four, but it was really not safe. I did two and it was okay. I ran at a 12:18 average pace, which I thought was good for the conditions. My entire running form was shot when I was running. I was choppy and really just trying to stay on my feet.

Last night I went to a 31 bags party? Have you heard of them? My plan is to have a book party... Here is the link so let me know if you are interested at all. The new catalog comes out February 1 and I ordered from that, there are some new, fun prints. It will be my excuse to come see you when/ if you order. I really want one of the hostess bags as a carry-on and you cannot buy it (even for the full price) unless you have a party! Also, you could book a party and sell to some of your teacher friends if you want... The offer for February is if you spend 31, you get 31% off the next item. Which basically pays for shipping and taxes, which is nice. Oh, and taxes are Hayti tax of 5%, I think, which is even better! I got the Organizing Utility Tote (which is a perfect teacher bag), a hot iron holder-thing and the Large Utility Tote. All in the black and white patterns to be a little matchy-matchy. Either way, let me know if you want me to bring a catalog next weekend. To Beresford. Oh yeah, this is about running not the really awesome bags.

Anyways, I did two miles on the treadmill this morning with Linda and Ann joined us for the first time in MONTHS! So that is good for her! And then I did some weights and sit ups and push ups on the ball with 8 lb dumbells.

This is so darn long, but boy it feels good to write. It is really therapuetic, actually. Kind of like those letters we wrote in high school, which by the way I found a coffee can of when I was staying at my parents house last weekend because of the Walder Waterfall of 2012.... (the media can do it, so can I... I need a slogan). I made sure to hide them better so Tom didn't find them. No husband needs to read that, especially mine... at least for now. hahah!

So, we weighed in last Wednesday and we decided we'd be Tuesday weighers for the biggest loser and after 6 days with the Lose It! app and the calorie counting, I am down 3.4 pounds! I will take that and hopefully add next week! Linda lost 4.3 (I think), so she is rocking it too!

Too long, so I'll stop, but I am planning a 4 miler tomorrow morning. Lets hope I am more excited to get up tomorrow than I was today.


1 comment:

  1. Nice work! Leah looks so cute all bundled up! Reminds me of last winter at Mom and Dad's! :)

    ReplyDelete