Thursday, February 9, 2012

This Week Has Been a Little Crazy, But Good...

So I made it up to the gym on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday! We decided against the Zumba last night, because 1) I was about 10 minutes late, 2) they started the class about 10 minutes early, and 3) TOO MANY PEOPLE! I blame it on the residual resolutioners, but that is okay. Linda and I were able to go to Subway for some $5 footlongs... five, five, five dollar footlongs.... Is it in yer head yeat? :) Anyways, we had a good chat for once not on a treadmill and it was nice. :)

The mornings have been good, but difficult to get up. I am still not a morning person. I don't actually know if I will ever be, honestly, but Linda is a great inspiration to get me up there. This Biggest Loser-Hayti business has really been beneficial for me. I don't know if I would have stuck with running as much as I had if it wasn't for Linda... I lose a lot of running capability in the winter. I'm NOT a treadmill lover, hence my 'pet' name for the beast: dreadmill. I started going for ten pound dumbells with my morning routine instead of eight and I think it has been rather successful.

Anyways, tomorrow afternoon I head to Chamberlain to spend the night and work on National Boards in the morning with other National Board Certifying candidates. I am excited to go to Chamberlain, because it is so beautiful and I like to run on the river. I did when I was there for the Systems Change Conference a few years ago, but the weather is looking COLD, so I thought I'd check out the fitness center at the hotel we are staying. And, despite my disdain for the dreadmill, I was actually disappointed not to see one! When I am all by myself, I tend to do really well on the treadmill (or at least I think I do). I mean, really, is this the GYM? There is a pool too and Alisha seems to think that a triathalon is a good idea... pstfth! (did you get that?) So, I could try out the pool, but my swimsuit is inevitably not meant for actual swimming, rather watching a toddler swim in a kiddie pool... Anyways, I needed to sneak in a 6 miler somehow and now I'm not sure how I'm going to do it. I think I'll bring the Under Armor-alike gear with a hat and mitts and see how it works out.


No comments:

Post a Comment