Thursday was a fabulous day! We watched the SD National Guard Band in the morning at school and there was one class.... and I headed out to present at SDSU on Educational Technology and the study we conducted last spring. It was okay, but only 3 people showed up. It was mildly amusing. Regardless, Amy and I went for a great run afterwards. I don't run with many people, so I always get a bit nervous when I am doing a run with someone. It was a great time though. I really enjoy getting the opportunity to push myself a bit. I really didn't want to 'stop' and walk when you are running with somebody. It is great! That first mile was a tough one too, and I always like some educational conversation. I will definitely work to get some more run-dates in the future!
After the run, though, I got a short email from LATI that I was not hired for the Educational Technology Specialist Position. I did get a nice extra note on the letter from Mike, though. I will remain optimistic at this time.
Yesterday I had a pretty bad stomach and neck bit going on. Headache and all... it was just awful. I brought Leah to preschool and had to have my Mom pick her up. I just couldn't make it. I was extremely nauseous and didn't want to be puking while waiting in the parking lot for Leah to get out of preschool. I was miserable! I came home and spent the whole day laying in bed and running to the bathroom. Sometimes I just wish I could sleep through those horrible days, but that day just wasn't it. Ugh! Tom was sick the night before, so we are thinking that the pizza we ate must have been it, as Leah didn't get sick at all.
I got up this morning and went up to yoga, though and as the weather is so beautiful, I am tempted by a run, but I don't want to push it today. Tomorrow I will definitely get out there, though. Great weather for the next week or so is expected. I'm pretty excited to get out and go!



No comments:
Post a Comment