Thursday, February 23, 2012

10k last night

So then, my knee is screaming very loudly at me today! I was feeling so good last night on my run I did not 4, like I had originally thought and had been doing regularly, but I pushed it to 5 and then, I thought, what the heck 6.12 miles! I was feeling great, despite the last mile being very tough to pull out. I just pushed and pushed and thought of all those great inspiration and motivation quotes I've been reading lately and BAM! This morning I'm in serious pain. I'm headed to the training room to get ice soon after this class ends. ugh.


I had some solid pacing for the first three miles (not what I'd want for a 5k time, but steady) then there was a slow, slow mile and BAM! 11:07? I'm not sure where that came from, but I like it. I know this is where that feeling of, oh yea, lets run another mile came from to get to six last night. 


As you can see, I went out toward the four mile corner, the regular old run and then back around through town to get to the 6 miles. That 5th mile just floors me. I was just booking. The 10k time of 1:12 was actually pretty legitimate. Last summer my best 10 k time was close to a 1:08, so this is not bad for a random "I'M INSPIRED TODAY, SO LET'S ROCK!" run.

Oh and I did send Linda a message this morning... 6 miles last night means 0 miles this morning. So, no morning workout today. 

Well, off to correct term papers and ice the knee. . . 


No comments:

Post a Comment