Friday, February 10, 2012

Jillian's Shred

This morning I made every excuse in my head to not work out. I even skipped going to the gym with Linda, but at 5:10 I was wide awake anyways. I looked at my phone and said, darn it. Get up. So, I headed downstairs to find the kettlebell dvd and get to work, but I couldn't find it. (This could be a great reason to make breakfast.) Instead, I did the Jillian 30 day shred DVD that I could find. I did the second level and for 20 solid minutes was working up a sweat. Literally, sweat was dripping off my nose. I couldn't believe it. I remember doing this last time and I was just 'eh' about the whole thing, but this obviously was better this morning. I think part of it was the fact that I was giving a lot more to the workout. So, it got me to thinking about the workouts that I do. In the morning, sometimes, no, often, I just meander to the dreadmill and walk for while and then do about a decent mile jogging. Nothing good. Effort: 3.2 on the 10 point scale. I think that is why I do so much better outside. I feel like I am open and pushing so much more when I'm running down the road. I am addicted to the feeling that you get when you don't feel like you are running at all and forget the entire motion- forget you heard that song- forget everything except how great the sound of your shoes on the pavement feels.

So, is does it even qualify for a workout if you don't get 'that' effort into it?


No comments:

Post a Comment