I feel like it is always so easy to fall "off the wagon" and "out of the groove" when it comes to working out and eating healthy. I keep going back to this blog though and thinking that if I seriously started writing and keeping track that, perhaps, I'd start going again.
Despite these feelings of concern for my motivation, I did manage to run last week. last week on Tuesday I managed a morning run of two miles. It is getting rough to get up in the morning and fit anything in as the days are getting shorter and the mornings much darker. I will need to reconsider my schedule soon. I went to my Wednesday evening "Pedal and Pump" class which has been a great motivator into my week. It is 30 minutes of cycling and 30 minutes of Body Pump. I can tell now why this class is so intensely popular! It is a great calorie-burner! I want to keep going at least once a week to this all winter. My family and I traveled to Park Rapids last weekend to visit one of my husband's college buds and on Saturday morning, I did a short run of 3.1 miles through the windy roads next to his lake home. It is a beautiful home and beautiful lake, so I always like to run up there. There used to be a Fishhook Challenge race, but it was cancelled this year. The Fishhook Challenge was a half marathon around Fishhook Lake and then (the challenge part) was to complete the half marathon within two hours so that you could complete a 5k. I never actually got under the 2 hour mark, so I never was able to actually complete the challenge, but I did do the half marathon three times. So, if they bring that back, hopefully, I will get to complete the challenge sometime.
I have a short break between summer classes and my fall grad classes, so I should have enough extra time to get out and about for some runs in the evening. I am completing the Another Mother Runner 13.FUN Challenge to keep some accountability, despite my lack of motivation. Signing up has been good for me, despite the fact that I have not stuck to the plan very well. With a 9 month old and a five year old... and moving into a new house and a new job, I have a lot of excuses that I can easily use to not run. I just need to run, though. Monday on the AMR training plan always allows for time to "skip" this run if needed, but I always seem to start the week better, so I rarely skip a Monday run.
This week's plan:
Monday - 3 miles and 6 strides at the track
Tuesday - 2-3 mile morning run
Wednesday- This is when I've been doing my after work Body Pump class, but they are waxing the floors this week. So, I think I will just cancel this evening's workout in lieu of extra running for the whole week.
Thursday- 3 mile morning run
Friday - 2-3 mile morning run
Weekend- 8 mile long run to my parent's farm
Well, that sounds like a good plan for the week. I am also working on catching up on following some of my favorite running blogs. This is always good for me to keep motivated, too!
Run Happy!
RR
No comments:
Post a Comment