Wednesday, August 27, 2014

What in the world did I do that for?

I had a great weekend with a fun, buggy three mile run on Sunday night on my "old" running route that made me feel so good. I almost stopped to take a picture of my beautiful South Dakota town on the way back home, but I decided that this Sunday night sunset was just for me to enjoy. It was spectacular, albeit heavily dominated by the mosquitoes!

Feeling awesome about this, I called and signed up for the Body Pump class at the Rec for after work on Monday. I really thought this was a good idea as I had been attending the Wednesday night Pedal and Pump class that consisted of 30 minutes of cycling (hence the "Pedal") and 30 minutes of Body Pump. Well, about 14 minutes into it, we were doing squats and I was keeping up easily. So, I felt like I was going to be fine. I tried not to look at the clock recited the "60 minutes is only 4% of your day"... you can handle it. What I thought was about 600 minutes later, the instructor informed us all that we should be really feeling it now in your glutes as we lunge. I guess I couldn't tell as my knee caps were shaking so much, I couldn't concentrate on my glutes or any other muscle for that matter. I pushed through and felt great when I was done. Body Pump is a difficult class, but well worth it. I will go back, but not today. I am SORE today! It was good to feel that way, though. It is always good to push your limits and see just how far you can go.

Yesterday was ladies day at the golf course and it was the last ladies' steak night scramble. I had to work, so I didn't make it for the scramble, but I did come for the steak and golfed nine holes after. Always a great day when you are able to get out in the green, fresh world!

Today, I also managed to find something beautiful to hang up in my new office. I work at such a well-decorated two- year college, that you sometimes forget you are at a school and (because of the gorgeous photography class images) not an art gallery. So, needless to say, I feel a bit of pressure to have a well-decorated office. The glass vase and green decor were left there from Brad, the office's previous resident, and I think I will keep them. My contribution to the decor is my scroll from my Hong Kong travels. I lived in Hong Kong for a summer and was able to do a little bargain shopping in the MongKok markets. I think I paid something like $10 American currency for this gem. I really loved the cherry blossoms and I think it would probably match the decor in my house now, but there are little hands that would probably want to tear it down or contribute to the image. So, for now, this scroll will rest in my office.


I have the feeling that tomorrow my legs will feel back to normal and I will head out on an easy four miler, but until then, I am just going to wonder "What in the world did I do that for?" in regard to the crazy Body Pump class. Next time, I will probably say the same thing, though, as it was just so much fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment